Firestop is a crucial element in restoring the fire resistance ratings of wall and floor assemblies after they are breached by penetrations and joints. By installing UL/ASTM tested systems that incorporate the use of fire resistive materials at these locations, fire containment and means of egress are thus maintained and the occupants of a building are afforded more time to evacuate in the event of a fire.
As the requirements for 3rd Party Firestop Inspections have increasingly centered the magnifying glass on firestop installation, it has become increasingly critical to get it right. With professional backgrounds in firestop product manufacturing and 3rd Party Inspections, the personnel at Alternate Resistance Specialists have the expertise to guide clients smoothly through inspections and build a safe building.
Alternate Resistance Specialists’ services include the following:
- Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing & Fire Sprinkler penetrations
- Concrete/CMU head of wall joints and vertical joints
- Drywall head of wall, bottom of wall, and vertical dissimilar material joints
- Curtain wall & slab edge perimeter fire barrier systems
- Smoke and acoustic sealant
- Electrical outlet/switch box penetrations